JCEP (Juvenile Court Education Partnership)
The Santa Clara County Juvenile Court Education Partnership (JCEP), spearheaded initially by Silicon Valley Children’s Fund and now Santa Clara County Office of Education, is a countywide collaboration to provide agencies with accurate and timely information necessary to support our youth.
The objectives of JET include:
- Development of interagency protocols for information sharing
- Successful implementation of a web-based Foster Youth Information Network and database.
Guided by State and Federal laws pertaining to the education of wards and dependents of the court, JET has begun the delicate work of delineating roles and responsibilities and the processes to ease interagency transfer of foster youth records.
The short-term success will be measured by countywide compliance with federal and state mandates and with the accurate and timely sharing of School Records, Placement History, Social Worker Contact Information and Health and Immunization records.
The long-term impact will be measured by improved educational outcomes for Foster Youth, including decreased truancy, increased high school graduation rates and post secondary entry and graduation rates.
Agencies currently represented on JET:
- Santa Clara County Superior Court
- Silicon Valley Children’s Fund
- County Office of Education, Foster Youth Services
- Social Services Agency
- Department of Family and Children’s Services
- Probation Department
- Office of the District Attorney
- Office of the Public Defender
- Santa Clara County School Districts
- Legal Advocates for Children and Youth
- Community Based Organizations that provide services to Foster Youth
For more information on how you can contribute to the success of the JET Task Force efforts in Santa Clara County, please contact Elise Cutini